I lay on a cold table looking around in a steely dark room,, just said my see you soons to my mom, brother, uncle and wife. The time was now I focused completely on God I prayed not for me but for Paul, Erin and Lori the three most important people to me. I needed God to watch over them, protect them and keep them strong. I held tight to the picture of Paul and Erin I had in my hands they were much to young to go through this. It had to be a whirl wind for them.
As I lay there you might think your life flashes in front of your eyes not mind. I was clear minded, somewhat relieved to be getting this opportunity and thankful that was the lucky one today. A heart and a kidney. A scrub nurse told me it would be the hear first it would take a few hours then I would be out of surgery for a couple hours and then it would be the kidney's turn. Not to worry I'd sleep through it. Ha-Ha she didn't know me very well I didn't sleep through many things.
The time was near after years of congenital heart issue as well as failing kidney it was time to retool. The drugs were put in and I was told to count backwards from 10. Last number I remember was 6 and it was all zzzzz's
No comments:
Post a Comment